Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

G-Day

(Week 18, Day 4)
  Wow, I just wrote the week and I cannot believe we're already at 18. It seems like we've come so far, but we've still got quite a ways to go. It's all so amazing to me. Tanisha's brother Kevin was asking me if every now and then it just hits me, "I'm having a baby." Yes it does. I still get this excited feeling in my stomach (nothing like the feelings in my wife's stomach I'd bet) when it hits me what's happening. I've said it before, I am so excited about this child.
  Just a quick note, I just found out how to notify people when I submit a new post. Unfortunately for some stupid reason Google has only seen fit to be able to notify 10 people, so I had to start out with the closest family. For all my other readers I will work on putting together something that will notify everybody. To the chosen 10, please email me and let me know if received a notification please!
  Now on to the subject of the week. Tomorrow is attempt number two for us to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, or G-day as I've dubbed it (g=gender for those of you having a little trouble). This time we're going to the geneticist, whom I've mentioned before. Due to Staci's PFFD, they are going to measure Baby Cohen's bones to make sure they are a normal size. Their equipment is much more detailed so there is a very good chance we will be able to see the gender. There are so many people waiting to hear this news, many of them excited about the prospect of pre-birth shopping. We have already began to pick out colors for the baby's room. It's funny because as much as we are wondering what the baby is, it seems like we've already decided we know. If we're having a girl that will really throw us off for a day or two, but I know we'll recover from that and get right back into planning mode.
  Today Tanisha and I had another conversation about her conception date, unbelievable as that may be. She even had me unsure for a moment. We came to the conclusion (again) that the doctors are probably pretty accurate, but something tells me we'll have this conversation yet again sometime soon. I just like talking about the baby so however many times it takes, I'm fine with it. I love talking about my baby. I find ways to work my wife being pregnant into conversations so I can talk about it. I'm a little obsessed, but then if I wasn't I probably wouldn't be writing a blog now would I?

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, the thing about conception date and delivery date? NOBODY REALLY KNOWS!!!!!! As an example, your sister was two weeks late, according to the due date set by the doctor, and you were ten days early. Same doctor. So, it's what they term "an inexact science" - or smoke and mirrors. Don't count on anything the doctors say about due dates etc.! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete