Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The ring test rules!

(Week 19, Day 1)
  I'm still flying high with the news that we're having a boy. I told just about everybody in creation. I know some great people, we have gotten a ton of positive responses. I got over 20 texts after I sent out the news so I thought I'd share them. Here they are in no particular order, typed exactly as I received them:
"Congratulations!!!! I'm sure ur thrilled :)"
"pmg! Congratulations! What is the name? Aint God good?" (I'm positive they meant 'omg')
"Congrats...... Lil josh jr"
"Congrats!!!, I hope he's a red head to match his cousin, lol"
"Congrats"
"whoooohooooo!"
"Sweet action bittles"
"Congratulations!"
"Congrats!!!! Who is this? lol!"
"WOW!!!! Congrats dad, im very happy for you both."
"CONGRATS!"
"Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!!"
"I told u"
"My man!!!! Thats whats up fo real!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!"
"Kick ass! That's awesome. Congrats"
"Congrats!"
"Congrats my love! I get a beautiful nephew!!"
"Great!"
"Sweet action! Congratulations!"
"Yes! Evan has a play mate!!!!0"
"Whooooo hoooooo!!!! Joshie Jr?!!!!!!"
"Yes. got the email"
"I knew it! I'm so happy for you! I have boy clothes and diapers if you want them, they're urs! YAAAAAAAAAAY!"
"Redbox free rental code:" Oh wait that wasn't one of them.
  So as you see there has been an outpouring of congratulations and excitement, which pumps me up even more. Now for the first time I feel myself ever so slightly wanting the baby to get here. I know I talked about enjoying the moment for what it was, but that feeling is there and it's real. I will not let it overwhelm me because then I'll start getting impatient and the time will DRAG. But, there's a part of me now that's ready for my son to be borned. Yes I said borned.
  I'm not sure if I've talked much about our house, but we will be moving into a brand new house in November. We wanted to be there before Baby Cohen was born, but this is how it worked out so we're not complaining. The reason I bring that up is because we will have a room just for the baby. Tanisha has already had dreams about what it will look like and has all but decorated the whole room. Now that we know for sure it's a boy she's got it all down from the colors to the furniture the the wainscoting. Yup, wainscoting. It's going to be awesome. Of course, we will also be outfitting Staci with a whole new room. She's growing up and needs something distinctly her style so she will be getting just as hooked up as her brother, if not more. Luckily for our children we are spoilers because they will be the only rooms in the house to get new furniture right away. The man cave will just have to wait, sigh...
  Ok so let me talk about the ultrasound. If you remember from the last one, Baby Cohen wasn't trying to give up the goods. This scan wasn't for finding out the gender, it was to measure the baby's body and make sure the head, heart, bones and everything else was the right size and shape. The nurse was taking her time, which was great because we got a good look at each part of his body. Then all of a sudden, there it was (picture 1). This little thing sticking out into space. Even though I believed it was a boy (I mean the ring test doesn't lie) just knowing for sure was this great feeling. We were in a doctor's office so I couldn't jump up and down and yell, but I did smile really big. I just smiled at my wife and my daughter. We were all laughing and smiling. It was truly a great feeling. The nurse continued to analyze and measure as we were basking in the great news. She was looking at his torso and heart, then out of nowhere he did a little flip and BAM there it was again (picture 2). Obviously my son isn't shy. I think he was thinking, "What are you looking at all that other stuff for? Isn't this what you came for?" Yes my son, yes it is.
  I'd be remiss if I didn't mention one more topic before I finish. We've decided on a name. So from now on Baby Cohen is no more and this is probably the last post you'll see that. Instead, I would like to introduce my readers, the World, and the World Wide Web to my son Aiden Lucas Cohen!

And in case you weren't sure by the first picture:
 

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I know I'm late with this comment but hey. Omg I'm so happy for u guys!!!!!! I am also so happy that baby Cohen now has a full name;)
    <3 twin #1

    ReplyDelete