Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Half way there

(Week 21, day 1)
  We've seen the 20 week mark come and go, and things are changing so fast sometimes it's hard to keep up, but at the same time it seems like time is moving in slow motion (didn't I just post yesterday?)
  First I want to say that since finding out we were having a boy we have gotten so many wonderful people offering congratulations, enthusiasm and help. I want to thank you all for that. I have also found out there are a lot more people reading my blog than I thought. I want to thank those people too, but also say to you who are anonymously reading, "CLICK THE FOLLOW ME!"
  That being said, let's get to the good stuff. A week ago Tanisha had her 20-week appointment and we found out from her doctor that, get this, the original conception date is right on! Does that mean no more fretting over how far along she is? More to come on that in future posts I'm sure. We also found out that Aiden (previously known as Baby Cohen) is now in the 85th percentile when it comes to how big he is. So not only did he not "even out" like the doctor suggested since the last measurement, but he's gained 10%. As you can imagine Tanisha is not happy about this. Apparently my mom had a discussion with my wife about my size when I was born. She said I was big when I was born and somehow that translated into Tanisha's mind that I was a 10 pound baby (I just called my mom, the official measurements on this were 8 lbs, 3 ounces). So we have officially moved out of "how old is my baby really" mode to "how big is my baby going to get" mode.
  Unfortunately this isn't just funny worry. While some of it is, mostly it is a real concern because the bigger the baby gets, the bigger and heavier my wife gets and that is causing her pain. Also as mentioned in a previous post, it will not be fun for her to push out an above average child. It's funny because when you talk to people about this they say, "Well as long as the baby is healthy, right?" Yeah how about you say that while you're trying to push a human being that is 40% bigger than average out of your body?!? I didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. lol....but is it really funny???? hmmmmmmm? lol

    ReplyDelete