Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Like sand through the hourglass

(Week 21, day 1)
  Instead of creating one large post (which people have complained about in the past) I'm going to make today into two more bite-sized readings so you can come back later if you need to.
  The other day my wife admitted to me sometimes she goes through periods of wishing she wasn't pregnant anymore. I laughed because I know she wants this child very much but it's a hard process. I have obviously never experienced this much of a pregnancy before. Even when my sister was pregnant I only saw her occasionally. I think the hardest part (well the second hardest part behind the physical toll it takes on a woman's body) is being patient through the entire 9-month process. Speaking of 9 months I must digress for a moment. Whoever came up with the calculation for pregnancy and said it takes 9 months should be shot. It is a 9 and a half to 10 month process. That's a BIG difference. I imagine it will be even bigger the farther along she gets. I mean really, at the 9 month spot we're going to be looking at more weeks like, "Really? There's more to go? For real?" Anyway back to my point. It's not just a process, it's the process of LIFE. Think about it. It's not a cake that may fall a little flat but still be delicious if you take it out early. We need every day so our baby can develop as much as possible. So you don't want to keep thinking, "Hurry up!" but you can't always help it.
  Going through a pregnancy also makes you conscious of what your life is like at the moment. I mean, if you're busy, tired, stressed, short on time, strapped for money, etc. what's it going to be like when you have a whole other person added to your family? I've been trying to do as much planning (mostly financial) as I can to prepare myself and my family but who even knows. One moment I'm ready for the baby to be here, the next I'm questioning myself and my sanity. Am I really ready? Can I do this? Yes! No! I don't know! This is the neurotic mess I've gotten myself into.

1 comment:

  1. first of all, lmbo! OK....you'll be fine:)yes ur concerns are legit....but don't over think it. You'll be fine, fine, fine, I tell ya! lol. Relax, chill, chill, relax...woooooooo, saaaaaaahhhhhh:) take a look around others are doing it with way less than what u will have financially, emotionally, mentally etc to give ur son and growing family.....you'll be fine...Do Your Best! love Nissi and ur best is good enough cause ur bout it! lolz Yalls r bout it and I know that:)

    ReplyDelete