Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You killed my caaaaaaat!!!

(Week 11 day 6)
  I love my wife so much. Anybody who really knows me and her will tell you without pause that this is true. I bend over backwards when it comes to caring for her and treating her with respect, love and just plain old spoiling her. And this is not out of any feeling of obligation or anything like that. It's just because I really enjoy making her happy, putting a smile on her face, or just giving her something she needs.
  In case you haven't read my blog already, you know I like to preface things. Well that first paragraph was a preface in an attempt to butter Tanisha up for my next few paragraphs. Because while I love her so much, right now she is TRYING ME! I'm not the kind of person to walk around on pins and needles because of a couple reasons. First and foremost, I'm usually pretty oblivious to subtleties so unless I absolutely know something is going on I'm like a rhino in a glass store. Second because a long time ago I learned that the worst thing you can do to yourself is live based on the people around you. That's not to say you shouldn't be considerate. I'm a huge fan of being considerate to others. I just don't think your life should change because theirs is. However, all of that goes out the window when we're talking about a wife gaining weight, pregnancy hormones, and the attitude from hell! Ok maybe it's not THAT bad, but again I like dramatic effect. So I'll just tell one quick story. We were in our room and I forgot to do something (what it was escapes me right now). Tanisha asked if I did whatever it was, and I said I didn't. She got a little upset and I said, "I'm sorry, I just forgot." Her response? "Oh like you forget not to slam my damn car doors?!" Yeah see she has this thing about slamming the doors on her car. The funny thing is I don't ever slam them, but I don't guide them closed so it's harder than she closes them. For whatever reason this sets her over the edge. I try not to do it, but what she feels is slamming the door and what I feel is slamming the door are two completely different things. I love how she not only takes the time to fuss at me, but sticks in another one just for good measure. "While we're here at anger central, let me make the most of my time. No need to waste a perfectly good attitude on only ONE issue when we can bring up several!"

  Have I talked about how much I like talking to my baby? I love it. Now we've added a new twist to it. Tanisha has been doing a lot of reading and one thing she read that we like is to play music for Baby Cohen, specifically Mozart. It is amazing how relaxing it is to lay in the bed playing Mozart while I think about my child listening to it and somewhere in the deep recesses of their mind (or probably not so deep since the brain is about as big as a pea right now) this music has a peaceful and calming effect. I'm still excited, although in the deep recesses of my mind (oh who am I kidding my recesses are as deep as my baby's) I can't shake the curiosity of the sex of Baby Cohen. What are we going to have? We both want a boy. A lot. What if it's a girl? I do not see us having another kid or trying for a boy, although Tanisha has denied my request to have a vasectomy as soon as our child is born. I don't see why not. We'll be in the hospital already anyway. Maybe they'll give us a two-for-one discount. But I digress. I am glad we are playing music for Little Cohen. It makes me happy in my mind anyway, even if it doesn't really affect the baby in real life. I wonder if that would work for my wife too? New strategy: every time I see that look in her eyes or hear that oh so special edge in her tone, I'm breaking out the Ipod, now freshly stocked with Mozart's finest masterpieces. One moment her EPP is humming and she's about to go over the edge, the next moment she's lying in bed with a peaceful smile on her face.
  Quick story about classical music. Tanisha has a radio program on her phone where you put the name of a song or artist in, then it creates a playlist based off that song or artist. It starts out with songs very similar to the first one you searched for, but ever so slowly but surely it gets farther and farther away from the original query. Sunday night Tanisha started out with a nice array of Bach, Chopin and the like. I left her to go do some laundry and when I come back she's fast asleep with the radio still playing. And what's on? None other than the John Williams classic theme to the movie Superman! My baby is going to be cultured AND have x-ray vision. I guess he doesn't need to see out of Tanisha's eyes, he can just look through her stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment