Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the beginning... (Weeks 1-6)

(Retro-Blog from the weeks I did not know my wife was pregnant)
  On Jan 2, 2010 my beautiful niece Brielle Madison Wiggins (BMW) was born. Apparently, a short time after that my wife and I had an adult encounter, as married couples are wont to do. Little did we know that fated interaction would change our lives forever. Not knowing my "boys" were swimming up stream I set on a course that was not ideal to the first month of a child's development. I took my wife out several times, "dating" her to keep our relationship fun and fresh (you gotta keep it fresh). I encouraged her to drink on these outings (oops) because well, let's face it drunk women are more fun. Without going into details, I also encouraged her to take toxic medicine to treat several symptoms she was experiencing at the time. To top it off she was working 12 hour days 6 days a week (which had nothing to do with me, but I thought I'd just throw that in for effect). As you may have imagined by now we were completely not expecting this child. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me here, I want to have a child and I wanted to have a child before this. We just didn't think it was possible at the time. Enter God. Miracles do happen my friends. BUT before we found out, we were livin' it up like our marriage depended on it. Tanisha even took a pregnancy test (probably around week 5 or 6) and it was negative! How was I to know, people???
  So to summarize: impregnate wife, take her out and get her drunk, feed her toxic pills and then let her overwork herself. Let me introduce your number one candidate for Father of the Year: Joshua Cohen! Thank you, thank you. Please no picture, no autographs please. My book comes out later this year, pre-order it on Amazon.com.
  This is just the first post of hopefully many where I keep track of myself and my family's experience throughout this pregnancy. I ask you to bear with me because I don't even know exactly how this is going to go. My voice and style may change some until I find exactly how I want to portray my thoughts, but as best I can I will keep it entertaining and above all honest. I hope anyone reading this will enjoy reading my experiences as much as I enjoy going through them.

1 comment: