Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I should have CVS buy sponsorship on this blog

(Retro blog from week 9)
  What's the word of the week? As much as I wish it weren't, the word is miscarriage (no Tanisha did not and will not have one, the baby is absolutely fine). Unfortunately someone she knows did, so now every cramp and ache means Tanisha is online Googleing miscarriage and symptoms of it and likelyhood of it and what it feels like and how to handle it and anything else they have online about it. Quick story about this. Tanisha is having a serious moment. She has stomach and back pains. She's online and looking up sympoms and one of the lines says stomach cramps and back pain. I talk to her about it and make my opinion that we shouldn't be worrying but she should call the doctor on call just to see what they say. Then I begin to walk around the room doing my regular nightly tasks. I let my mind wander a little and before I know it I hear myself mentioning something about our search for a house. All of a sudden I hear, with much distress and anger in her voice, 'I'm over here worrying that I could be having a miscarriage and all you can think about is that FUCKING HOUSE!' Without saying another word, in probably about 2.1 seconds I was in the bed next to her engrossed in the material she was reading while at the same time encouraging her to call the doctor to see what they say. Without apologizing or even acknowledging what just happened I immediately take action. 10 minutes later I'm on my way to CVS (it was constipation by the way) to get Miralax and Benefiber. Smoooooth it over.
  I think my record for CVS trips in a day is 5, but I think on a day where I don't have to go to work I could shatter that record. See there's a CVS right across the street from my complex so it's the easiest and quickest place for me to go when we need to pick up something. My wife is already queen impulse so with the pregnancy overdrive kicked in I'm sure she can come up with enough reasons to send me over there. I don't mind making those trips either (except after about (9:30, then I don't want to leave my house). I enjoy doing things for my wife. Sometimes I wonder what the people behind the counter think on my 3rd trip. Do they think I'm forgetful? Do they think I have a slave-driving wife since they see me buy feminine products a lot? Do they think I'm eccentric? None of it matters, although all of it's true, but these are just thoughts that run through my head as I'm walking through the CVS to pick up toothpaste that doesn't have a funny smell to it.

3 comments:

  1. I Love this Blog...you are hilarious...but you are taking care of my grandbaby, so if it means CVS...CVS it will be...lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I am in stitches reading some of this. Baby...slave driving wife?! Never LOL! You know I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I'm over here crying! Josh you are too funny!!!! Shanda

    ReplyDelete