Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The wives have it

(Week 15, day 6)
  Well apparently Tanisha and I are not the only people obsessing over what sex Baby Cohen is going to be. On Monday she sends me this email:
"I don't believe it but a few people said it works. Wanna try it?" And then this explanation was below:
"To conduct the this old wives tale you simply take your wedding ring and tie a thread about 12 inches long to it. Sit or lie down and hold the thread over your pregnant belly. The ring will either go in circles or side to side (back and forth).
If the ring goes in circles, you're expecting a baby boy. If the ring goes side to side you are expecting a girl according to this old wives tale."
   Her friends at work Sarah and Sharra (I guess they're twins or something) send that email to Tanisha and tell her to try it. So she forwards it me, and I respond with this: 
"Oh God no, what if it goes side to side? Then we're going to be like, 'Oh well this is just an old wives' tale' but in the back of our minds we're going to think, 'Is it real?' Do you want to? I want to! NO WAIT I DON'T!"
  I was already freaking out and we didn't even try it yet. Well unbeknownst to me Tanisha and the twins had already decided to do it. To prove it works they held a ring on a thread over the hand of 2 different women and it went side to side. Then they held it over a man and it went in a circle. This was enough for Tanisha to give it a try. Guess what? It went in a circle! I know, you're saying to yourself, "I can't believe Josh is getting excited over something silly like this." Shut up is what I'm saying.
  When my wife got home we went to her sister's house and tried it there with a different ring and string. We held it over our daughter and neice's hands and it went back and forth. We held it over mine and my nephew's hands and it went in a circle. So then the moment of truth arrived. We held it over my wife's stomach and, lo and behold it went in a circle! Am I putting all of my faith in this silly test? No. Am I convinced we're having a boy? YES! Or maybe it's just hope springs eternal.
  Anyway tomorrow on the first day of week 16 we will be going to the doctor for a sonogram and a REAL baby sex test. We will then find out what the experts say, and if it matches up with what the twins and now my wife and I believe about the ring test. I think the funniest thing about this is that no matter what, I'm not going to be able to calm down and believe anything until a child has exited my wife's womb and I see his/her private parts up close and in person. Ahhh the joys of fatherhood.
P.S. Special thanks to Sarah and Sharra for the inspiration for this blog and for being dedicated readers. I truly appreciate every person who reads my blog and gets something out of it.

3 comments:

  1. you are absolutly welcome!!! we love your blog and were waiting for this one to come!!!
    <3 THE TWINS <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The twins keep me going LOL! They are just as excited to read your blog as I am babe. Can't wait to find out what the we are having!

    "wife"

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz....u guys are maximizing this experience:) love the blog! Guess yalls having a bouncing baby boy...~Nissi

    ReplyDelete