Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reality

(Week 17, day 1)
  HOLY CRAP!!! I had to watch my niece Brielle today. All day. All by myself. She's only 4 months old (she was born a day or two before Baby Cohen was conceived) so this was my first dose of what it's going to be like. As I so eloquently put it, HOLY CRAP! I don't know what else to say. It was quite a challenge. The last time she was here my wife was here, and she was in a great mood. Today, not so much. And to top it all off Staci stayed home from school because she's not fully recovered from her surgery. She can't really move around by herself that well, but at least she can entertain herself. Brielle was not so easy. She doesn't really like being held that much, but she doesn't really like to lay down either (too much like sleep time which she also doesn't like). Speaking of not liking, let me tell you something that you may or may not know. There are two things that babies really like. It sounds simple and easy but even though you know, you don't really KNOW until you experience it. Those two things are eating, and dry diapers. Trust me on this, they love them.
  So while this wasn't a complete immersion in the life of having a baby, it was a nice inside view on what I have in store for myself. When I first found out we were having a baby I started to work out so I would have energy when the baby was born. That fell off a bit, but I've increased my physical activity in recent weeks and after today I am serious about getting back to working on a healthy body because I am going to need every bit of energy I can gather.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember you've been getting it done since 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I need encouragement, Patcho is there...

    ReplyDelete