Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baby bumps

(Week 15, day 7)
  Even though I just submitted a new post I'm still in the writing mood and my wife is fast asleep so I'm going to keep writing. Don't worry, I have my laptop and I'm writing in bed. We won't have a repeat of Watergate.
  Unfortunately for my wife, among the many many other ways her body has decided to react to this pregnancy, her face has joined in on the party. I'm talking about pimples. She's had an outbreak of bumps on her face and does not like it one bit. When I first met my wife, she was struggling with skin issues. She is prone to breakouts and while I never saw anything but her extreme beauty (yes baby you are the most beautiful woman in the world) she sees each and every bump like it's a neon sign. After a lot of research she finally found a combination of products that keep her face smooth and keep her happy. Well all of that is out the window now because there's not a product on earth that's going to stop the force of nature that is Baby Cohen. She is trying so hard to deal with it but I see how much it hurts her to have so many bumps staring at her in the mirror. It's like somebody has plastic surgery then gets punched in the nose, all that work for nothing.
  For my part I tell her every day how much I enjoy looking at her, and how I don't even notice the bumps until she brings them up (all of this is true, by the way). It helps, but what would help MORE is if the bumps would go away. So if anyone knows a trick to pregnancy acne, let me know. Whatever you do, if you know that there's nothing she can do about it, KEEP THAT COMMENT TO YOURSELF. Even if there's no hope, for the next 5 months it's ok if we think there is. Really it is.
 
  On a different note, I have been enjoying the pregnancy a lot recently. There's a tenderness I get from my wife that I missed when our lives were at a point where our schedules and jobs were taking us in almost opposite directions. I love it when she looks at me with real happiness in her eyes. When we see each other after having been at work I get a real, heartfelt kiss, not just one of those habit kisses that you give because it's your husband and that's what you're supposed to do. My favorite is when she puts her soft hand on mine and rubs it or just holds it. I feel the tenderness behind that. I love you baby girl, I am so glad we're having a baby together!

2 comments:

  1. I love you too baby...sooo much
    xoxoxoxo

    "wife"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet:) ~Nissi

    ReplyDelete