Click on the "Follow" link to keep up with this blog!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

He's got junk!

(Week 16, Day 1)
  Today we got an ultrasound. The truth of the matter is we still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl. BUT, there's a little more to it than that. Let me explain.
  Even though we know it's not likely that you can tell the sex of a child after just 16 weeks, we also know it is possible. So with high hopes we walk into the ultrasound room, Tanisha, myself AND Staci. We didn't want her to miss it if we found out so I pulled her out of school a little early and brought her with. We had to wait while the doctor took measurements which was fine because it's very important Baby Cohen is growing normal. I watched each picture as she looked at the head, the stomach, the spine, the face, the legs. It was so very interesting I was fascinated at how much my child had grown and developed. And boy was there movement. Squirming, kicking, waving, grabbing. I was enchanted by it all, but in the back of my mind I heard a voice screaming, "LOOK IN BETWEEN THE LEGS ALREADY!"
  I didn't say anything, though. I sat there patiently, taking in the moment so I could remember the whole thing. Finally she started trying to look for the sex of our child. At first she couldn't see the front because the baby was lying on the stomach. She jiggled Tanisha's belly some to see if the baby would move. I was having fun with it so I decided to talk to Baby Cohen and see if I could encourage a little movement. Well I guess that was the wrong thing to do because the doctor quickly advised me my child doesn't even have ear bulbs yet. Gee, thanks doc for correcting my idiotic behavior and subtly telling me I'm ignorant at the same time. Oh and ruining my fun just to kick me while I was down. I appreciate it really. But what was really funny was after I started talking, guess what? That's right the baby started to move. Hmmmm, who's the expert now?
  Now that the doctor was able to get a better angle, and to give her credit she was trying really hard, our child decided to put their hands right into their crotch. At first she thought they were grabbing onto the umbilical cord. I knew better. She may be the expert, but I'm a man and I know what it looks like when a guy is grabbing his junk. My baby was grabbing his junk! In the end she got a shot where she thinks it might be a boy, but she wasn't absolutely sure. Tanisha's doctor, Dr. Tate, told us the doctor who did the ultrasound was like a Jedi Master when it comes to seeing the baby's sex so if anybody could have seen it, she would have.
  So here we are, not exactly back to square one, but not with any solid evidence. I will scan the picture where she thinks she saw some male genitalia and let you draw your own conclusions. As for me I'm going to go ahead with what I already thought and just enjoy it while it lasts.
  In other news, so far Baby Cohen is in the 76th percentile for baby size during this stage of pregnancy. That's big, but Dr. Tate told us the growth may even out in the coming months so we'll see if we end up with an average baby or "Gigantor the Skull Baby." I'm sure Tanisha and her body are voting for average.



5 comments:

  1. I am so sure it's a boy....I think LOL. Anyway the ring test never lies lol!!! I'm going with that...What you think Shanda!

    "Wife"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling u the ring test works .... And if u saw what u saw, u saw it. If it looks like a boy and acts like a boy MUST be a boy!!!!
    <3 the twins <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the twins say BOY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, kool doctor visit. Josh ur too silly:) but a good writer:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that was me Josh...Nissi I'm the anonymous...lol

    ReplyDelete